- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Category: Administrative Professional
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - RNA Therapeutics Institute - W405400
Salary Grade: 41
Union Code: Non Union Position -W60- Non Unit Professional
Num. Openings: 2
Post Date: Dec. 13, 2018
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This position in the RNA Therapeutics Institute will support faculty who have extensive involvement in research, academic, and administrative activities at the departmental and institutional levels, and their research laboratories. Successful candidates in this rapidly growing department will have the following abilities: exceptional organization and follow through skills; comprehensive calendar management; experience arranging domestic and international travel; the ability to identify, anticipate, and prioritize needs of the faculty and adapt to changing priorities; the ability to manage and triage email and other requests independently; and exceptional verbal and written communication skills to work effectively with faculty and staff at all levels of the organization
Under the direction of the Associate Vice Chancellor/Director or designee, the Administrative Coordinator performs complex and varied duties associated with the coordination of departmental administrative functions.
- Participate in the planning and organization of all office functions; including budgeting, policies, procedures, and procurement
- Compile budget information, support department accounting, and assist with all fiscal projects
- Monitor the disbursement of funds to determine appropriateness of expenditures and compliance within budget
- Coordinate travel
- Perform complex and varied executive/administrative functions which require a high degree of independent action
- Design and produce graphics using a variety of software applications
- Train staff in both basic and enhanced use of software applications
- Oversee, train, and monitor clerical staff
- Maintain confidentiality and safeguard department records regarding employee job descriptions, performance appraisals, and other sensitive information
- Set priorities and procedures for accomplishing tasks, assign and coordinate support staff activities, and manage the work flow of the department
- Respond to emergencies, independently prioritize activities in the absence of the department heads, and effectively coordinate other resources when necessary
- Act as a liaison and respond to the requests of constituent groups, senior leadership, and employees within the organization
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a related field, or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of experience in executive/administrative coordination, or related experience
- Excellent word processing and spreadsheet skills
- Strong grammar, spelling, and oral and written communication skills required
- Demonstrated the ability to organize and manage a complex office environment with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated initiative and independent judgment in organizing and completing projects.
- Experience working in an academic environment supporting senior level faculty or executives strongly preferred.
- Experience with grant application and management a plus.
HR Daily Blog
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research