- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Category: Administrative Professional
Location: Charlestown, MA
Business Unit: Commonwealth Medicine
Department: Commonwealth Medicine - CHCF - Financial Compliance - W407618
Salary Grade: 45
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Jan. 30, 2019
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Associate I position reports to the Senior Associate or designee, and will assist in the development of contracts with state agencies; both in and out of state.
The Center for Health Care Financing (CHCF) helps state and local governments, identify opportunities to increase savings and reimbursements through federal and other third party sources, establish effective savings and reimbursement programs and capitalize on all possible revenue streams.
The Financial Compliance Unit (FCU), within CHCF, performs financial audits and reviews of Hospitals and Nursing Facilities to ensure compliance with MassHealth provider, administrative, and billing regulations. FCU staff are primarily accountants and auditors, highly skilled in Access and Excel.
Under the general direction of the Senior Manager, or designee, the Associate I will perform general auditing and accounting activities which further the development, management, coordination and implementation of FCU initiatives.
THIS IS A PART-TIME POSITION ~20 hours a week
- Coordinate and implement new products and projects
- Perform complex analysis in support of projects in and out of state
- Participate in developing proposal responses by providing documentation and analysis
- Assist in the preparation of client and staff presentations and marketing materials
- Provide support to staff performing consulting services
- Participate in project forecasting and financial analysis
- Present the research and development findings on industry trends to support revenue initiatives
- Assist in the development of agreements between public entities and the University
- Communicate with client as required concerning status of their projects
- Respond to client needs and requests
- Prepare internal and external reports
- Assist in the design of and implement instruments to quantify reimbursement costs
- Participate in the Continuous Quality Improvement program
- Assist in the preparation of federal claims for reimbursement
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in a business related field or other related experience
- Preferred knowledge of State and Federal regulations as they apply to public assistance programs
- Demonstrated experience in computer based tools including spreadsheets and word processing
- Knowledge of accounting principles, budgeting, and computer reporting preparation
- Demonstrated project management skills
Hospital audit experience in excess of 5 years
Experience with hospital accounting systems
Nursing home audit experience in excess of 5 years
HR Daily Blog
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research