- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Category: Post Doc
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - Neurology - W832500
Salary Grade: 86
Union Code: Non Union Position-W63-Residents/Post Docs
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: July 22, 2018
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Principal Investigator, the Postdoctoral Associate would be investigating the pathogenesis of ALS caused by mutant genes through a combination of live cell imaging techniques and next-generation sequencing approaches.
- Use live cell imaging techniques to investigate the defects in axonal transport caused by mutant ALS genes.
- Preparation of primary neuronal cultures and differentiation of iPSC.
- Isolation, preparation and analysis of RNA subject to transcriptome profiling.
- Record results, organize and interpret data, give presentations on results.
- Contribute to the maintenance of laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Comply with all safety and infection control standards.
- Perform other duties as required.
- PhD in Biological Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with cell culture and molecular biology techniques
- Experience with growing and differentiating iPSC to neurons is preferred
- Experience handling mice and performing surgeries is preferred
- Ability to perform duties independently
- Judgment and action skills required to troubleshoot encountered problems
Please email CV and contact information for three references to: John.Landers@umassmed.edu
HR Daily Blog
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research