- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Worcester, MA
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non Exempt
Business Unit: SCHOOL
Department: School - Communications - W400300
Job Type: Intern (Full Time)
Salary Grade: ..
Union Code: Non Union Position-W00-Non Benefited
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: March 1, 2017
Complete the online application that includes uploading a resume and include a short essay in the "resume" field (the resume and essay should be uploaded as one document). Please respond to the essay question below:
- Please write a short essay demonstrating your diversity competencies through life experiences and state why you would like to enroll in the program (Please include examples from personal experience, observation, research, and or scholarship. The essay should be succinct and be your original work. It should also reflect an excellent command of English grammar, style and syntax. Maximum length 200 words.)
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The UMass Medical School Office of Communications seeks a summer video/multimedia intern with video and still camera experience who would be responsible for shooting, editing and archiving an updated library of photos of faculty, research labs, medical students and other subjects to accompany stories on the UMMS news website, UMass Med Now. The individual would also assist the videographer with filming, editing, and conducting interviews. Additional work opportunities include archiving and labeling video content to our existing video library, and help in uploading video content to social media sites like YouTube.
The Office of Communications is a busy, informal and collaborative environment, with a professional staff devoted to promoting the work and accomplishments of UMMS faculty, students and staff.
Projects will be supervised by professional writers, editors and videographers, with the opportunity to interact with scientific researchers, physician faculty, and students in medicine, biomedical research and nursing.
- Responsible for shooting, editing and archiving an updated library of photos of faculty, research labs, medical students and other subjects to accompany stories on the UMMS news website, UMass Med Now
- Assist the videographer with filming, editing and conducting interviews
- Other opportunities include archiving and labeling video content to our existing video library, and help in uploading video content to social media sites like YouTube
- Candidates pursuing bachelor’s degree or recent graduates
- Related experience preferred
- Must be reliable and able to set consistent work hours
- Ability to use standard office tools and software (MS-Office)
- Experience shooting still photography
- Editing photos/graphics in Photoshop, nonlinear video editing, preferably with Adobe Premiere Pro
- Video and still photo data management
Joining our Talent Community will allow you to stay connected with UMass Chan Medical School and receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests. Join now and receive relevant communications and updates from our organization. Click here and join the UMass Chan Medical School Talent Community Now
Receive the latest news about Careers at UMass Chan Medical School by following us on Twitter.
UMass Chan Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMass Chan positions that collectively contribute to UMass Chan Medical School success.
“2022 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research