- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Shrewsbury, MA
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non Exempt
Business Unit: ForHealth Consulting
Department: Commonwealth Medicine - Growth & Rev Diversification - W401458
Job Type: Intern (Full Time)
Salary Grade: ..
Union Code: Non Union Position-W00-Non Benefited
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: March 1, 2017
Complete the online application that includes uploading a resume and include a short essay in the "resume" field (the resume and essay should be uploaded as one document). Please respond to the essay question below:
- Please write a short essay demonstrating your diversity competencies through life experiences and state why you would like to enroll in the program (Please include examples from personal experience, observation, research, and or scholarship. The essay should be succinct and be your original work. It should also reflect an excellent command of English grammar, style and syntax. Maximum length 200 words.)
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Office of Strategic Growth and Business Development department is seeking a 2017 summer intern. Under the direct supervision of the Director, Strategic Growth & Business Development, or his designee, and in conjunction with other members of the business development team, the intern will contribute to a market research library, assist with research projects related to business development initiatives, and provide support at meetings with business units and subject matter experts as it relates to proactive proposal development.
The Office of Strategic Growth and Business Development is responsible for identifying, engaging, and maintaining the commitment, alignment, and negotiation necessary to drive business development initiatives and revenue opportunities. We partner with many business units and subject matter experts throughout the organization to maintain and grow business.
- Developing, cataloguing and organizing market research
- Develop briefing documents for team members for strategic business partner meetings
- Develop and create Excel spreadsheets for various projects to support business development needs
- Conduct analysis on industry topics that may impact proposal development and create succinct briefings
- Participate in business development meetings to gauge interest in future sales/business development career paths
As part of the intern enrichment program, the business development intern will develop his or her organizational and presentation skills, create materials for their portfolio, and be involved with day-to-day operations associated with the team.
- Candidates pursuing bachelor’s degree or recent graduates
- Related experience preferred
- Attention to detail with the ability to collect and record information from a wide variety of sources
- Must be reliable and able to set consistent work hours
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Attention to detail
- Organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Writing and editing experience
- Ability to work independently and contribute to a team environment
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- No unusual working conditions
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this position with reasonable accommodation if disabled
- Frequent interaction with department’s management staff and university peers
- Base of normal office environment with periodic interruptions
- Occasional exposure to lifting heavy items
Each year UMass Chan Medical School comes together to demonstrate care and compassion. Learn more about the UMass Chan Cares campaign.
UMass Chan and Partners launch New England Nursing Clinical Faculty and Preceptor Academy Goal of new initiative is to ‘build capacity’ for nurse preceptors to address nursing shortage. Learn more about the initiative.
“2022 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research