- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Worcester, MA
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non Exempt
Business Unit: SCHOOL
Department: School - Adv-Executive Office - W400100
Job Type: Intern (Full Time)
Salary Grade: ..
Union Code: Non Union Position-W00-Non Benefited
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: March 1, 2017
Complete the online application that includes uploading a resume and include a short essay in the "resume" field (the resume and essay should be uploaded as one document). Please respond to the essay question below:
- Please write a short essay demonstrating your diversity competencies through life experiences and state why you would like to enroll in the program (Please include examples from personal experience, observation, research, and or scholarship. The essay should be succinct and be your original work. It should also reflect an excellent command of English grammar, style and syntax. Maximum length 200 words.)
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of Associate Vice Chancellor or designee, the Development Associate assists with special projects, fundraising initiatives, research, donor relationship building and other required tasks in the Development Office.
- Organize prospects and contacts
- Coordinate, organize, recruit participants, and provide other required support for events, fundraisers, and projects
- Provide administrative and logistical support on development and donor-related events or projects
- Assist in the planning, preparation and production of communication materials for development programs and events
- Assist in the development of donor acknowledgment and recognition communications
- Assist data processing and research staff to insure that department database is accurate and up-to-date
- In collaboration with the director, develop action plans and calendars for projects and tasks and assure that assigned projects stay on time and on budget
- Perform other duties as required.
- Candidates pursuing bachelor’s degree or recent graduates
- Related experience preferred
- Attention to detail with the ability to collect and record information from a wide variety of sources
- Must be reliable and able to set consistent work hours
- Ability to use standard office tools and software (MS-Office)
- 1 year of experience in development-related activities, such as public relations, marketing/advertising, communications, sales or customer support. Volunteer fundraising experience highly desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and writing skills
- Ability to work well independently and as member of a team
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and following through on detailed tasks and project plans
- Excellent PC skills with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access etc.
- Available to work occasional nights and weekends
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with faculty, staff, physicians, volunteers, donors and vendors
- Ability to travel to off-site locations
Joining our Talent Community will allow you to stay connected with UMass Chan Medical School and receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests. Join now and receive relevant communications and updates from our organization. Click here and join the UMass Chan Medical School Talent Community Now
Receive the latest news about Careers at UMass Chan Medical School by following us on Twitter.
UMass Chan Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMass Chan positions that collectively contribute to UMass Chan Medical School success.
“2022 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research