- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Worcester, MA
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non Exempt
Business Unit: SCHOOL
Department: School - Educational Affairs - W410100
Job Type: Intern (Full Time)
Salary Grade: ..
Union Code: Non Union Position-W00-Non Benefited
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: March 1, 2017
Complete the online application that includes uploading a resume and include a short essay in the "resume" field (the resume and essay should be uploaded as one document). Please respond to the essay question below:
- Please write a short essay demonstrating your diversity competencies through life experiences and state why you would like to enroll in the program (Please include examples from personal experience, observation, research, and or scholarship. The essay should be succinct and be your original work. It should also reflect an excellent command of English grammar, style and syntax. Maximum length 200 words.)
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under general supervision of the Director or designee, the Educational Assistant performs a variety of duties in support of the BaccMD pathway program.
- Assists in logistics coordination for summer enrichment program
- Monitors participants in their classroom and clinical placements
- Serves as a program information resource person, acting as liaison between offices, departments and other locations. Dispenses pertinent information and direction to students, staff, and visitors.
- Establishes, maintains, and ensures proper use of confidential files, which may include student records.
- Chronicles participant activities in the program(s)
- Performs a wide variety of work, including scheduling, database management, word processing, proofreading, filing, recording information, administering tests
- Compiles, develops, and designs reports, handbooks, newsletters, and special projects from a variety of sources.
- Assists with participant and programs evaluations
- Candidates pursuing bachelor’s degree or recent graduates
- Related experience preferred
- Must be reliable and able to set consistent work hours
- Ability to use standard office tools and software (MS-Office)
- Perform a variety of administrative work involving use of independent judgment, accuracy, speed, and confidentiality.
- Proficiently operate and maintain office equipment.
- Perform work without continuous supervision and coordinate the work of others.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Ability to work in a team and meet performance deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills required to interact with all organizational levels; demonstrated ability to work appropriately with confidential information.
- Demonstrates the ability to utilizes independent judgment, assess priorities, and operate in a flexible manner in order to meet the dynamic needs of the department.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational, analytical and time management skills
- Demonstrates proficiency with software applications including, but not limited to: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Project and Visio.
Joining our Talent Community will allow you to stay connected with UMass Chan Medical School and receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests. Join now and receive relevant communications and updates from our organization. Click here and join the UMass Chan Medical School Talent Community Now
Receive the latest news about Careers at UMass Chan Medical School by following us on Twitter.
UMass Chan Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMass Chan positions that collectively contribute to UMass Chan Medical School success.
“2022 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research