- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - Biochemistry & Molecular Pharm - W404000
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 46
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Sept. 10, 2021
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
We are a single molecule biophysics laboratory specializing in TIRF microscopy and Optical tweezers. Under the direction of the Principal Investigator, the Sr., Research Scientist is expected to regularly engage with one or both of these experimental platforms. Additionally, the Sr, Research Scientist is expected to prepare and validate reagents for experiments and develop of analysis methods.
- Design and implement experiments designed to further ongoing research projects, in consultation with the principal investigator.
- Organize and analyze data acquired in the course of research projects.
- Write manuscripts and grant applications
- Design and implement research projects in the laboratory
- Responsible for data acquisition, data analysis, and presentation of research results.
- Train and supervise junior lab personnel, ensuring staff is trained in current methodology and safety procedures in the laboratory.
- Prepare and present data for publication in public forums.
- Assist in the preparation of grant applications and other research proposals.
- Provide assistance in the general operation of the laboratory.
- Stay current with the literature and regularly leads discussions of new reports pertinent to ongoing and proposed projects
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Biological Science, or equivalent degree
- 7 years of research experience.
- Familiarity with general laboratory procedures.
- Expertise in single molecule biophysics methods.
- Expertise in TIRF or confocal microscopy or Optical tweezers
- Expert knowledge in image analysis
- Advanced knowledge of Python and Github
- Current knowledge of pertinent literature.
- Oral and written communication and presentation skills
Under the general direction of the Principle Investigator
Supervises and trains new laboratory personnel and junior members of the laboratory
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Biochemistry laboratory and may require appropriate contact with biohazards and lasers.
HR Daily Blog
Joining our Talent Community will allow you to stay connected with University of Massachusetts Medical School and receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests. Join now and receive relevant communications and updates from our organization. Click here and join the UMMS Talent Community Now
Receive the latest news about Careers at UMMS by following us on Twitter.
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2022 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research