- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Category: Information Technology
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - IT-Academic Technology - W875012
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 74
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Aug. 16, 2019
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This person functions in all phases of instructional technology design and implementation including the analysis of user needs, technology and curriculum design, review, programming and implementation of information systems projects which relate to the educational missions of the University. Communicates well with faculty and staff through all phases of development and support. Performs duties in a manner consistent with a complex, diverse, dynamic hardware and software environment that serves a complex medical/education community.
- Work with faculty, staff and/or vendors on needs assessment, design strategies, learning styles, instructional strategies and course design for technology-based learning.
- Assist in the design and development of tools to facilitate product of technology-based learning products.
- Assist faculty and staff with the design of technology-based curriculum materials, develop programs, activities, workshops and demonstrations designed to engage faculty and staff in the design, development, and integration of technology into their courses and training programs.
- Lead a team to determine processes, procedures, and design for electronic curriculum projects
- Provide training and support for technology-based curriculum; assists in developing and maintaining proper technical and user documentation for each system in a consistent and structured manner.
- Insure quality control through testing and debugging of all systems for accuracy, completeness, and system integrity. Develop procedures to assure the smooth transition of new systems and enhancements into operational status.
- At the overall project level, develop comprehensive project plans, manage projects effectively and proactively act upon work assignments.
- Independently seek the advice of director and proactively coordinate project/staff activities with Information Services’ staff and vendors.
- Interact effectively (verbally, written, etc.) with users through various phases of design, implementation and maintenance to ensure the delivery and use of application consistent with agreed upon project goals.
- Supervises staff as assigned. Participates in recruiting and staff performance reviews as assigned.
- Lead in performing technical services necessary to support the continuous delivery of service including: application enhancement, project tracking, development of software development utilities and application development procedures and the like.
- Continue development of skills and expertise in present and emerging instructional technologies by participating in formal training when possible and by independent self-teaching and tutorials.
- Help define, acts in accordance and in coordination with information technology standards as determined by IS
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Master’s degree in Education, Instructional Technology, or related field, or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of related experience in higher education working with faculty and staff with 3 years in design & development of technology- based courseware in a production environment, including Web and video based instructional materials.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in applying formal methods of application development, including project management and project planning.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with technology-based courseware design and development techniques.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in presentation to diverse audience; effective verbal and written communication competence.
- Solid interpersonal skills, ability to work well with people of all levels of expertise, and comfort in varied organizational relationships.
- Near visual acuity, work sedentary, manual dexterity.
- Valid driver’s license and dependable transportation.
- Experience in developing digital instruction courses
- Proven track record in bringing classes online working with faculty and students.
- Experience in providing innovative IT solutions
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems (i.e., Blackboard Learn, Canvas, etc.)
- Familiarity with Echo360, Kaltura, Adobe Connect, Adobe CS, audio and video development
- Demonstrated audio, video, and multimedia development experience
HR Daily Blog
Joining our Talent Community will allow you to stay connected with University of Massachusetts Medical School and receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests. Join now and receive relevant communications and updates from our organization. Click here and join the UMMS Talent Community Now
Receive the latest news about Careers at UMMS by following us on Twitter.
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2022 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research