- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Worcester, MA
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non Exempt
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - Communications - W400300
Union Code: Non Union Position-W00-Non Benefited
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Feb. 2, 2019
Complete the online application and include a short essay either in the "resume" field (the resume and essay should be uploaded as one document) or uploaded as a cover letter on your profile. Please choose from ONE of the essay topics below (Please include within your essay, examples from personal experience, observation, research, and or scholarship. The essay should be succinct and be your original work. It should also reflect an excellent command of English grammar, style and syntax. Maximum length 200 words.):
- Explain how diversity has played a role in your career and how it has contributed to the professional you are today
- Based on your background and personal experiences, describe a situation where you fostered diversity
- Given your personal background, describe an experience that illustrates what you would bring to the diversity of UMass Medical School or an encounter that demonstrated the important of diversity to you
- Please discuss how your record of achievements has been enhanced by exposure to diverse people, places and experiences or publications
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The UMass Medical School Office of Communications seeks a summer video/multimedia intern with video and still camera experience who would be responsible for shooting, editing and archiving an updated library of photos of faculty, research labs, medic al students and other subjects to accompany stories on the UMMS news website, UMass Med Now. The individual would also assist the videographer with filming, editing, and conducting interviews. Additional work opportunities include archiving and labeling video content to our existing video library, and help in uploading video content to social media sites like YouTube.
The Office of Communications is a busy, informal and collaborative environment, with a professional staff devoted to promoting the work and accomplishments of UMMS faculty, students and staff.
Projects will be supervised by professional writers, editors and videographers, with the opportunity to interact with scientific researchers, physician faculty, and students in medicine, biomedical research and nursing.
This is a 10-week internship and the pay is $15/hour. The position is expected to be full-time over those 10 weeks.
- Responsible for shooting, editing and archiving an updated library of photos of faculty, research labs, medical students and other subjects to accompany stories on the UMMS news website, UMass Med Now
- Assist the videographer with filming, editing and conducting interviews
- Other opportunities include archiving and labeling video content to our existing video library, and help in uploading video content to social media sites like YouTube
- Candidates pursuing bachelor’s degree or recent graduates
- Related experience preferred
- Must be reliable and able to set consistent work hours
- Ability to use standard office tools and software (MS-Office)
- Experience shooting still photography
- Editing photos/graphics in Photoshop, nonlinear video editing, preferably with Adobe Premiere Pro
- Video and still photo data management
HR Daily Blog
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research