- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - Molecular Medicine - W400900
Salary Grade: 40
Union Code: Non Union Position -W60- Non Unit Professional
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Feb. 9, 2019
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator or Designee, the Research Associate performs a variety of complex research experiments.
- Conducts in-depth analysis of research experiments
- Performs complex laboratory experiments
- Interprets data, forms conclusion, and decides on and plans next experiments to be done with a high degree of independence
- Compiles and analyzes data and performs computations using image analysis software, spreadsheets, graphing, and curve fitting software
- May modify protocols and be responsible for a single, independent research project
- Assists in writing the text of scientific publications and grants. Reviews literature
- Trains new laboratory personnel, students, and collaborators
- Maintains laboratory supplies and equipment
- Complies with all safety and infection control standards
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences, or equivalent experience
- 1 year relevant research experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Strong ability to analyze complex visual data in a quantitative and objective manner
- Judgment and action skills required to solve commonly encountered problems
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator, or designee
May functionally supervise Lab Technicians and Aides
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Wet chemistry laboratory, and may require appropriate contact with biohazards, radionuclides, toxins, animals, and human specimens.
Must be facile with computer skills and able to learn software analytics of big data.
HR Daily Blog
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research