- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Category: Administrative Professional
Location: Shrewsbury, MA
Business Unit: Commonwealth Medicine
Department: Commonwealth Medicine - CHCF - Administration - W407600
Salary Grade: 40
Union Code: Non Union Position -W60- Non Unit Professional
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Feb. 8, 2019
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Director or designee, the Associate School-based Medicaid Analyst performs complex and varied financial and administrative functions in support of RMTS coding projects, School-based Medicaid claiming processes and general operations, which require a high degree of independent action and the setting of priorities and procedures for accomplishing tasks. Also participates as a member of project and claiming teams.
- Perform all activities related to billing, claim generation and claim reconciliation to ensure high quality, effective, efficient and valid billing and claiming outcomes.
- Notify senior staff of discrepancies and recommended action steps on a timely basis and assist in the preparation of needed summary reports
- Identify, review and analyze discrepancies and/or provide data and prepare documentation to ensure accurate claiming
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets, databases and/or systems to track and monitor relevant claims data and prepare needed reports and summaries for management review. Assist in the gathering of data and information in order to prepare ad hoc and other reports as needed. Also maintain all forms of claim and volume data used for tracking and reporting.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with school-based Medicaid staff and others by responding to requests for information in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Independently implement and manage tasks in accordance with departmental objectives, including developing and maintaining project plans and time schedules, and reviewing pertinent correspondence, communications and other background materials on a timely basis to ensure that projects and operations remain on track.
- Perform other related duties as directed, including participating as a member of project and claiming teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or equivalent and one year of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to review, research, assess and interpret healthcare billing and claiming information as typically acquired
- Ability to design and program spreadsheets, databases, or custom reports.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office or similar software, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and writing skills needed to present or communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Must possess strong organizational skills, the ability to establish priorities, and resolve problems independently
- Ability to maintain complex records and prepare periodic complex financial reports as assigned
- Demonstrates investigation skills and initiative, judgment and discretion
Candidates must pass an Excel test as part of the application process.
HR Daily Blog
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research