- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - Psychiatry-Adult Division - W833011
Salary Grade: 47
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Jan. 25, 2019
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Chief of Medicine or Medical Staff Physician, the Clinical Nurse Specialist utilizes the medical model to meet a variety of health care needs. The Clinical Nurse Specialist works with a variety of professionals in a mental health inpatient environment and provides basic medical services supervised by a licensed physician.
- Provide direct patient care including psychiatric assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and follow- up care of adult patients on assigned units under the supervision of the collaborating psychiatrist.
- Develop and lead patient psycho-educational groups. Provide education and consultation to unit nursing staff regarding current evidence-based practices in psychiatric nursing, person-centered care and recovery
- Prescribe appropriate psychiatric/medical medications
- Provide on-going medication monitoring for efficacy and side effects from psychiatric medications performing AIMS testing as required by facility protocol
- Assess patient's capacity for making informed treatment decisions
- Provide education and consultation to nursing staff regarding evidence-based practices that enhance patient-center care and the recovery process.
- Work collaborative with community care clinicians to assess patients' needs, provide continuity of care as patients prepare for transition and discharge into the community, and develop appropriate discharge aftercare plans.
- Participate fully in all site-based performance improvement activities in accordance with job responsibilities
- Perform or schedule laboratory and diagnostic procedures to determine health status as assigned by the physician
- Obtain histories and perform physical examinations to determine normal and abnormal adult health status
- Communicate findings in a comprehensive and organized fashion verbally and in writing
- Identify patient health problems and prescribes treatment based on diagnosis
- Make appropriate, timely referrals and initiates treatments based on policies and procedures, and physician direction
- Document health problems and plan of care
- Implement medical care in a knowledgeable, safe and cost-effective manner, utilizing therapeutic regimens approved by the physician and in accordance with established regulations, policies, and procedures
- Evaluates and documents patient progress and response to medical interventions
- Make referrals as necessary to the physician or other health team members
- Work within the framework of a current written Collaborative Agreement with an assigned supervising physician
- Serve as a resource to other professionals or non-professional personnel providing instructions
- Perform other duties as required.
- MSN or Nurse Practitioner Certificate
- Hold a current Nurse Practitioner license in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Must have or be able to obtain Federal DEA Registration
- Must have or be able to obtain Mass. Controlled Substance Certificate
HR Daily Blog
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research