- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - Populat & Quantitive Hlth Sci - W455000
Salary Grade: 44
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Jan. 28, 2019
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator or designee, the Health Outcomes Associate is responsible for directing and overseeing the daily activities of multiâyear projects that examines changes over time in the magnitude, inâ hospital, and post-discharge outcomes of patients. Collaborate in writing manuscripts from these studies for scientific peer review and assist the Principal Investigator in preparing grant applications for external funding and report writing.
- Review discharge summary lists from all greater Worcester hospitals on an ongoing basis, select a pool of medical records to be reviewed according to predefined diagnostic criteria
- Identify and interview patients with selected chronic diseases during hospitalization
- Review and validate the records of all patients with a specific discharge diagnosis from all area-wide participating hospitals according to preâ established diagnostic criteria including clinical history, physical examination, and other pertinent findings
- Assign selected medical records to be abstracted onto a standardized data collection form to study personnel and schedule appropriately with participating hospitals to ensure record availability
- Entry of all study related data into laptop computers and/or in the collection of hard copy data
- Collaborate with investigators in the revision of data collection forms and other survey materials as needed in different phases of the study
- Prepare ongoing summary reports of various data sources and collaborate with investigators on data presentation, interpretation and writing of scientific reports and abstracts. Ensure quality control of all collected data
- Assist in writing scientific articles for publication and preparation of grant proposals for external funding
- Analyze and interpret study results in collaboration with faculty members
- Schedule and direct daily study activities of Data Abstractors and other research support staff as assigned
- Perform other duties as required.
- BS in nursing or equivalent experience
- 3 years of experience in previous clinical, public health, or record review research studies
- Ability to read and interpret electrocardiograms and pertinent clinical histories
- Must be familiar with computerized entry of data
- Communication skills, both oral and written, are necessary to interact with other study personnel and Medical Center staff
- Must have good writing skills to prepare study manuscripts and grant proposals
- Ability to travel to off-site locations.
HR Daily Blog
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research