- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Category: Administrative Support
Location: Shrewsbury, MA
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non Exempt
Business Unit: Commonwealth Medicine
Department: Commonwealth Medicine - MassAHEC Network - W400800
Salary Grade: 17
Union Code: Union Position-W28-SHARE
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Jan. 22, 2019
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Administrator or designee, the Administrative Assistant II coordinates and performs a full range of advanced level, confidential, and complex administrative duties.
This is a part-time, 32 hour/week position.
- Coordinate and perform high level, complex, and varied administrative tasks requiring a high degree of independent action and the setting of priorities and procedures.
- Provide administrative support for special projects. Assist in preparing data, reports, and follow-up on projects and reports.
- Communicate confidential information to senior administration and external sources.
- Assist the Department Head in preparing and reconciliation of budgets.
- Participate in the planning and organization of the office in terms of staffing, establishing administrative policies and procedures and financial matters. Develop a comprehensive knowledge of administrative activities of the department and the Medical School.
- Manage the daily operation of the office, schedules, organizes and delegates secretarial tasks, supervises clerical activities, resolves problems with medical, professional, and clerical staff.
- Monitor and evaluate office procedures. Initiate and implement new procedures as needed. Develop and writes office procedure manuals, revises as required.
- Organize information into spreadsheet format from data collection. Generate reports in preparation for analysis and graphical display.
- Process payroll, personnel action, and other human resource related forms
- Answer phones and screens calls. Provide information and responds to questions.
- Greet visitors; ascertains their needs and provides information as required.
- Arrange and schedule meetings. Record, prepare, and distribute minutes.
- Arrange travel logistics and coordinates schedules. Complete travel “advance” and authorization forms. Submit voucher forms with appropriate receipts and information for reimbursement. Maintain ‘travel’ records
- Review mail, highlights action or important items and attaches relevant files or information for review. Respond to routine correspondence. Draft responses to more complex correspondence.
- Maintain confidential personnel files.
- Maintain office equipment and inventory of supplies, purchase materials, and prepares purchasing paperwork and contracts.
- Perform other duties as required
- Associates degree in Business, or equivalent experience
- 5 years of office experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Possess the organizational, verbal, written and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with all levels of personnel
- Ability to prioritize and problem solve
HR Daily Blog
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research