- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Category: Administrative Professional
Location: Charlestown, MA
Business Unit: Commonwealth Medicine
Department: Commonwealth Medicine - State Supplementary PMTS ADMIN - W407638
Salary Grade: 44
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: March 19, 2019
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the general supervision of the department head, or designee, the Data Analyst will conduct data analyses and develop/ produce all related reports. This position will provide information to leadership regarding state of the art data management systems and opportunities to enhance analyses, system integration and related databases.
- Design and develop data collection instruments, databases and procedure manuals based on thorough knowledge of data files, related databases, and systems integration
- Design and implement data management and quality control procedures, including writing technical requirements and documentation of data sets
- Participate in project meetings related to data analysis and management
- Produce and report data analysis reports. May be required to provide tabular and graphic summaries of analyses in a form suitable for inclusion in manuscripts for publication in peer reviewed scientific journals as well as for presentation at scientific meetings
- Conduct in-depth analysis of project data, performing computations with a high degree of independence
- Ensure accuracy of reports by data review and resolving discrepancies internally for assigned reports
- Provide interpretation of data to senior management
- Provide periodic reports to management regarding status of assigned projects and recommend corrective actions when necessary
- Schedule, plan, coordinate, and review project activities related to data
- Review and monitor compliance with the federal and state regulations
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, health sciences, or a related field or equivalent
- 4 years of related experience
- Demonstrated experience/skills in appropriate computer, statistical or database applications
- Demonstrated ability to research issues and resources; basic record-keeping and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to write reports, journal articles and/ or other technical documents
- Excellent communication, both oral and written
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact successfully with a wide range of individuals
The State Supplement Program (SSP) is seeking experienced program integrity specialists to detect and research improper payments and potential eligibility fraud by collecting and analyzing data. SSP is a state-funded cash assistance program administered by UMass Medical School's Center for Health Care Financing on behalf of the Department of Transitional Assistance. Program administration comprises ongoing daily operations as well as development and implementation of new initiatives and program enhancements. Operations are dynamic, fast-paced, and continually progressing; success will require multi-tasking, team collaboration, independent judgement, and the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Demonstrated experience/skills in SQL strongly preferred.
- Thorough working knowledge of DTA, Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare regulations, data, and programs.
- Demonstrated expertise in data matching and analysis, focused on fraud detection, prevention, and investigation.
- Successful experience in interpreting state and federal regulations as they apply to public assistance programs, monitoring compliance with program rules, and working with confidential data.
- Demonstrated ability to apply quality improvement initiatives in daily operations and to identify quality or system issues.
HR Daily Blog
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research