- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - Molecular Cell & Cancer Biology - W495000
Salary Grade: 40
Union Code: Non Union Position -W60- Non Unit Professional
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Jan. 18, 2019
A research position is available in the Benanti laboratory to study the molecular mechanisms that control cell growth and division. This individual will work closely with the principle investigator to carry out an independent research project and also have lab organization responsibilities. Applicants must have a degree in cell biology, molecular biology, genetics or related area. Previous lab experience working independently to design, perform, and analyze experiments is also required. For more information see: https://umassmed.edu/benantilab
When applying, please include names and contact information for three references. Recent graduates should also include degree date, GPA, and list of relevant coursework.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator or Designee, the Research Associate performs a variety of complex research experiments.
- Conducts in-depth analysis of research experiments
- Performs complex laboratory experiments
- Interprets data, forms conclusion, and decides on and plans next experiments to be done with a high degree of independence
- Compiles and analyzes data and performs computations using image analysis software, spreadsheets, graphing, and curve fitting software
- May modify protocols and be responsible for a single, independent research project
- Assists in writing the text of scientific publications and grants. Reviews literature
- Trains new laboratory personnel, students, and collaborators
- Maintains laboratory supplies and equipment
- Complies with all safety and infection control standards
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences, or equivalent experience
- 1 year relevant research experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Strong ability to analyze complex visual data in a quantitative and objective manner
- Judgment and action skills required to solve commonly encountered problems
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator, or designee
May functionally supervise Lab Technicians and Aides
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Wet chemistry laboratory, and may require appropriate contact with biohazards, radionuclides, toxins, animals, and human specimens.
HR Daily Blog
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research