- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Category: Information Technology
Location: Shrewsbury, MA
Business Unit: Commonwealth Medicine
Department: Commonwealth Medicine - Data Management Services - W401945
Salary Grade: 75
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Dec. 28, 2018
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst will assist in the specification, development, and implementation of data warehouses, data analytics, and Business Intelligence reporting solutions. This individual works with customers, database developers, business intelligence developers and architects to understand and document the detailed requirements of the business and then participate in the design and development of business intelligence solutions that meet those requirements.
This individual is an experienced analyst that has in-depth knowledge and understanding of business intelligence with emphasis on reporting and data analytics. The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst most possess an understanding of data warehousing, business intelligence, data integration, data cleansing, ETL, data analytics and effective presentation of data within BI and reporting tools. The individual most also work closely with end users to clarify user and business needs; and then clearly document data analysis and reporting requirements. This individual works in a dynamic environment, supporting multiple customers.
- Write functional and technical requirements for business intelligence solutions, to meet client needs. Activities include:
- Elicit business and technical requirements sing interviews, application and documentation analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, se cases, scenarios, business analysis, workflow and task analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, clarify a general understanding from low-level information, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Create the documentation needed for application design, including:
- Functional requirements
- Business requirements
- se cases
- Workflow and ML documentation
- user interface designs
- End user documentation
- Work with the development team to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Work with database developers and architects on the design and implementation of analytics for reporting and data analysis
- Effectively work with project management on estimates and schedules
- Lead and perform QA efforts to validate and verify reports and analytics
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 7-10 years of experience in technical business analysis, analytic development, testing and deployment of database and business intelligence applications in client/server and data warehouse environments.
- Extensive experience with working directly with technical customers and researchers
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong understanding of statistical analysis techniques and their sage within business, data analysis, and research
- Experience with development of SQL scripts
- Practical knowledge and experience with software QA
- Experience with healthcare and/or financial data
- Experience with RDMS (e.g. SQL Server and Oracle)
- Ability to write clear, comprehensive requirements and functional design specifications.
- Ability to develop statistical data analytics
- Strong data analytics specification, design, and development skills
- Ability to work with developers to deploy business intelligence solutions and support customers
- Ability to develop SQL queries and scripts
- Experience writing test plans, test cases, and performing QA on business intelligence solutions
- The ability to work independently and manage projects and tasks with minimal oversight is required.
HR Daily Blog
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research