- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Category: Accounting & Finance
Location: Charlestown, MA
Business Unit: Commonwealth Medicine
Department: Commonwealth Medicine - CHCF Financial Management - W407631
Salary Grade: 45
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Dec. 25, 2018
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the general direction of the Manager of Grant Accounting and Compliance performs a variety of complex financial, accounting, analytical and system related tasks with a focus on management, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Assumes full responsibility for quarterly and annual financial reporting for restricted funds.
- Identify, prepare and document all closing, adjusting and accrual journal entries.
- Prepare audit work schedules and reconciliations for audit team and senior staff.
- Serve as primary liaison to general accounting staff for financial reporting issues related to School's research enterprise, and provide systems support for data collection and verification.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with external audit team during annual financial and A-133 audits. Serve as contact for issues concerning statement preparation and accounting data for restricted funds.
- Plays a lead role in grants management systems maintenance, development and enhancements including participating in financial/grant systems design, specifications, evaluations, and testing.
- Serves as the analytical and reporting resource for restricted funds for senior management (standard & ad hoc)
- Provides support for the oversight, reconciliation, and management of the federal letter of credit process.
- Liaison to the Office of Sponsored Programs for award processing, and initial transfer of responsibility from pre-award to post award. Including providing backup in setting up new accounts.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, growing, and changing environment, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Keep current on development and changes in restricted accounting environment including attending formal training, seminars and discussion groups.
- Formulates (both independently and collaboratively) institutional policy related to research enterprise, and assists in communicating the results to academic and administrative community.
- Assists managers, administrators and principal investigators with financial reporting requirements, interpreting external and institutional policies, and comprehending financial and accounting data.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field, or equivalent.
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience in Accounting related field.
- Must be highly proficient in PC based applications including spreadsheet, database, word processing, and presentation software.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated success at working well with all levels of an organization.
- Manual dexterity, visual acuity; no unusual physical requirements.
- Must be able to carry out essential functions of the position, with reasonable accommodation if disabled.
HR Daily Blog
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research