- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Category: Maintenance and Facilities
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - Facility Plan, Eng & Const. - W842030
Salary Grade: 46
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Aug. 25, 2018
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the general direction of the Assistant Director or designee, the Architectural Project Manager provides engineering services for facilities renovations and construction of capital projects. Coordinate capital projects in collaboration with Assistant Director, from conceptualization, functional space planning, design development, project approval and implementation. Provide assistance in everyday operation and maintenance of the medical center.
- Review approved projects to determine specific needs such as space, ventilation, machinery or equipment modification, location of same and renovations specifications.
- Coordinate design personnel for the implementation of design documents for capital projects as needed using knowledge of engineering design and technology and ensuring compliance of plans to various regulatory codes.
- Develop initial design, conceptual estimates and task role matrices. Assure the generation of an adequate variety of conceptual design alternatives to satisfy the client needs and the requirements of the project specifications.
- Generally acts as the leading individual contributor and coordinator of design problem solving. As such, prepare and write construction documents, specifications and contracts for routine and complex construction projects.
- Coordinate activities of in-house trades and construction staff and outside contractors assigned to projects to ensure compliance to specifications and project completion timetables.
- Responsible for overseeing that all necessary appropriate testing is completed and subsequent information is reported.
- Review bid proposals submitted by contractors and make recommendations upon analysis of bid amount and/or qualifications of bidder.
- Prepare funding authorization, process invoices and control all project finances.
- A level of knowledge of construction, construction design, architectural design and engineering technology required.
- Monitor the development of the project assuring that the target dates are met and expenditures are within budget
- Contacts architects, construction engineers or design consultants to procure services, obtain agreement on plan methods and timetables and coordinate construction planning.
- Will need to act as construction project designer using Auto/CAD on internal construction projects.
- Provide engineering support for outside engineering consultants.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Architectural Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience in construction engineering design, cost estimating /or project management.
- Working knowledge of computers, proficiency in Auto CAD systems and engineering/management software to effectively produce construction design, documents, specifications and schedules.
- Must have a broad-based, professional level of construction management experience.
- Must have interpersonal skills to effectively work with clients and outside consultants to communicate the impact of design alternatives.
- Must be able to negotiate agreements with outside design consultants and construction contractors.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations.
HR Daily Blog
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research