- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Category: Information Technology
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - Populat & Quantitive Hlth Sci - W455000
Salary Grade: 73
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Aug. 21, 2018
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the general direction of the department head or designee, the Biostatistician II will assist in the planning, design, review, programming and implementation of special information systems activities.
- Assist in the design and maintain databases for storage and retrieval of research data. Write computer programs to combine data from separate computer files to allow comparison of data from different sources.
- Create project statements
- Evaluate and implement, quantitative and qualitative (experimental and non-experimental), research designs in standard APA format.
- Collaborate with program staff on the design and analysis of biostatistics aspects of research protocols including developing objectives, design sampling, randomization, and data collection procedures.
- Support the creation of SAS/SPSS applications in support of research projects.
- Participate in the design of questionnaires and interview forms.
- Analyze data in collaboration with senior statisticians beginning with univariate and multivariate analyses such as logistic regression and factor analysis for research studies.
- Assume primary responsibility for the analysis and written presentation of project data at all stages, from collection to final presentation, for consistency and quality
- Provide tabular and written summaries of analyses in a form suitable for inclusion in project deliverables as well as media for presentation at project meetings.
- Support the interpretation and assist in the creation of study results in collaboration with faculty members, epidemiologists, biostatisticians, and project team members.
- Collect background data for studies from various database sources: summarize findings for presentation at project-related meetings.
- Prepares non-standard correspondence and minutes that require public scrutiny.
- Responsible for content expertise and writing selected sections of project final reports; participates in the editing of reports; responsible for the execution and production of presentation-ready final project deliverables.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Master's degree in Biostatistics, Statistics, Epidemiology, or related statistical discipline or equivalent experience
- 0-1 year health-related research experience (preferably in biostatistics or epidemiology) participating in project management and/or relevant experience in research and evaluation projects. This experience may be concurrent with satisfying degree requirements, but must include scientific research data analysis and database management.
- Knowledge of PC database construction, especially MS Access Database Programming.
- Working knowledge of SAS, SPSS statistical packages.
- Strong communication skills, both the oral and written necessary to interact with state and national counterparts, internal and external senior management, project team members and study participants.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations.
HR Daily Blog
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research