- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: Medical School
Department: School - Library - W417400
Salary Grade: 45
Union Code: ..
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: March 28, 2016
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the general direction of the Associate Director or designee, the Reference and Education Coordinator provides public health reference and instructional services to the state Public Health Departments and partner libraries participating in the National Public Health Coordination Office (NPHCO) strategic alliance. The Coordinator will work in concert with the National Network/Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) and the NN/LM National Training Center (NTC) to design, develop and implement the public health evidence based curriculum. The Coordinator will also respond to partner reference questions including assistance with DOCLINE, LinkOut, and questions related to searches on public health topics using Digital Library(DL) resources.
- In collaboration with all partners, coordinate training activities related to the public health evidence based resources provided by the DL
- With partners, including the NTO, design, develop and implement a standardized curriculum for the public health workforce
- Offer in-person training and onboarding programs to new Public Health Departments (PHD) DL sites and partners
- Offer ongoing online training and webinars to new partner sites and refresher online sessions for other sites
- Respond to reference questions related to information search and retrieval as well as information management using DL resources
- Respond to ILL, DOCLINE and LinkOut questions
- Perform other duties as required.
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science or equivalent degree
- 3 years’ experience in an academic, research, health sciences or hospital library or special library or equivalent
- Hands-on teaching experience
- Experience developing curriculum including syllabi, learning objectives, and lectures
- Ability to lead complex project teams
- Evidence of excellent oral and written communication in teaching, publishing, networking, reporting, and outreach efforts
- Demonstrated communication in networking and outreach effort, listening, negotiation, diplomacy, team, professional writing, planning, management, and implementation skills
- Demonstrated ability to engage successfully in outreach and networking
- Ability to travel to off-site locations
HR Daily Blog
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research